Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardi Gras and The ABC's of Me

Mardi Gras. Fat Tuesday.  It's kind of funny how things come about and how incredibly real people were back in the day.  "Well, for 40 days I have to abstain and fast and not party so let's go nuts the day before this all starts!"  Yeah I don't have much more to say about this.  I may or may not get my ashes tomorrow... haven't decided.  Enjoy the following!


Age: 25-- quarter of a century and still kickin'! ;)
Bed size: queeeeen... it's my first grown up bed!
Chore you dislike: cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming only because I hate the vacuum cleaner we have.
Dogs: Not really an animal person and because of that they love me.
Essential start to your day: just everyone leave me alone

WHAT HAPPENED TO F?!?
Gold or silver: Gold. Lauren I love yellow gold, idky everyone hates.
Height: 5'6"
Instruments you play(ed): Drums from 4-8 grade, then I got a set in high school and messed around on it without any formal instruction... then I had to sell it because I went to college and it took up space in the basement.
Job Title: Administrative Technician... whatever that means.
Kids: Right now I don't foresee any in my future and I'm okay with that.
Live: at home... I'm well aware I need to move out.
Mom's name: Mary
Nicknames: CTB, Red, FC, Cara B., a lot of names involving my last name, B, Peter Pan
Overnight hospital stays: Well I had my tonsils/adnoids out at age 6, but that was in and out.  At age 12 I had two cysts removed from my ovaries... wait, that was in and out as well.  Umm.. at 17 I had two more cysts removed from my ovaries which required a 2-3 day stay because I was cut from hip to hip bc the cysts were so large.  Age 19ish I was hospitalized for 5 days bc of pancreatitis (I lost ten pounds and became addicted to pain medication!  Fortunately the addiction didn't last much after I got out of the hospital... though coming down was a bitch).  Age 22 I had another large cyst (football sized) on my ovary which required the entire left ovary/fallopian tube to be removed, tho laparascopy was used it took 4.5 hours so I stayed overnight for that.  There have also been several ER nights, including the one before my mom died where I had a nose bleed that wouldn't stop. 
Pet peeves: people who stand on the left side of the escalator <--- yes!  EscaLEFTERS! Oh and ADULTS who throw hissy fits.
Quote from a movie: 
"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat."
Righty or lefty: Righty.
Siblings: One older brother and one older sister (deceased).  I never know how to answer that question anymore.
Time you wake up: the alarm starts going off around 6:15... if I hear it I get up around 6:30, generally I don't so I don't get up til 7 or 7:20.  I HATE mornings.
Underwear: everything from boy cut to granny to high thigh to hipster or whatever the hell they're all called.
Vegetables you don't like: Onions... they're veggies right?  I DESPISE ONIONS.  And they are in EVERYTHING which sucks.  LoL
What makes you run late: oversleeping
X-rays you've had: teeth, feet, back, chest, wrist, legs, abdomen/pelvic, multiple CT scans and MRIs on pelvis, chest, brain (after car accident), back... oh and an internal ultrasound of my lady organs (not cute, because of my luck with cysts i now have to have this done every year and for a while after my last surgery it was every 6 months)
Yummy food you make: I've only ever made one thing that I thought was gross... and it was the first time I made chili... but everyone else who ate it thought it was good (or at least said that and ate it).  The best thing I make is lasagna.  I prefer cooking to baking because I don't have a lot of patience.
Zoo: Loved the polar bears at the Baltimore Zoo when I was like 7... and the National Zoo is awesome cuz it's free.

1 comment:

LAPT said...

Mmmm lasagna... I am totally feeling some lasagna... maybe I'll make some soon!