Over the past couple of months I discovered how badly my sight has been deteriorating. It's not AWFUL, but it's pretty bad. So I think it was back in January I found glasses that I had gotten a couple of years ago, but never wore because they made me want to vomit (now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the prescription was too strong). However, now that it has been a couple of years, my eyes have gotten worse and it took almost no time to get used to wearing the glasses round the clock. I have never ever ever liked wearing glasses. There are a lot of people who can pull them off, I am not one of them. Give me sunglasses, sure. But regular glasses-- I look like the nerdiest of all nerds. When I was 5 they told me I needed to wear glasses. I got them, wore them for a couple days, and then who knows what happened to them. They threatened me by saying they would make me wear an eye patch. That never happened. Then when I was 13 I went to see the optometrist or maybe it was an opthomologist (sp?) and he was like "wtf, you so don't need glasses!" It took me a couple minutes to get out the door my grin was so large.. haha. Since I have been in the workforce and thus posted up in front of a computer 5 out of 7 days of my life (for the past 3 and a half years), the eye sight has definitely dwindled, though it has put up a good fight for me. I have astigmatism in both eyes. Not cute. Anyway, since I've been wearing the glasses I've been wishing for contacts so today I took a big girl pill and made an appointment!
 |
| Getting ready to go out for a friend's birthday. |
|
 |
| At the CAPS game for Shan's birthday. |
Dork city! Woohoo! Ok, maybe I just need a friend to help pick out frames, but whatever, I'm totally stoked for contacts... I feel like I get my face back! Now if anyone knows where to get them for cheap besides Costco-- I'm all ears.
No comments:
Post a Comment