Friday, March 4, 2011
Furlough Postponed
Is it bad that I kind of wanted the government to shut down for two weeks? Not only would I get a random two week vacation, but federal workers might gain some respect from our fellow citizens-- for example, as soon as important shit stopped getting taken care of. But no, Congress is going to dawdle every couple of weeks to come up with a budget for a fiscal year that is damn near over already. Seriously? How hard is it to pass a budget by September 30th? Oh yeah let me also add, WHEN IT'S YOUR JOB?! Too bad we can't fire everyone in Congress. That's really what needs to happen-- get all fresh faces of people who want to do things for us Americans, as opposed to the greedy, jaded, money-grubbers who are already in there. I'm not anti-America, I love this country and I realize how good I have it; but these people we elect (and yes, I'm guilty of it too) just really make me sit down and shake my head sometimes.
Labels:
Ramblings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment