Ugh, it's Monday and I didn't sleep last night. I just remember tossing, turning, waking up, and looking at the clock. Have already downed one sugar free Rockstar energy drink, may need to get a second one.
The weekend was nice, though I did not do a whole lot in terms of school. I did do a crap-ton of laundry (finally). I really need to get back on that doing laundry every week thing because having to spend 4 or 5 hours at a time on it is annoying. Ooh! Saturday I went to the Newseum with Catherine and Mary which was really really cool... I've lived here my whole life and have never been. I really enjoyed the exhibit of all the Pulitzer Prize winning photos-- really really cool. After we spent several hours there, we went to an early dinner at Carmines, a family style Italiano ristorante, which was really really good... mmm yum! Sunday was when I did laundry/watched a marathon of Murder, She Wrote. Also? The Superbowl-- I wasn't really rooting for anyone, maybe leaning more towards the Steelers, but not particularly upset that they lost. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3, the commercials were weak sauce. And Fergie cannot sing live and whoever was in charge of sound for the halftime show was probably fired on the spot. I mean I feel bad judging one's musical talent-- obviously she has something because she is making money and I am not, but it was what it was and what it was was bad. But the visual part of the whole thing was cool... oh and can't forget Usher... mmm yeah.
I don't really know what my purpose is with this blog. I'm really trying hard not to be all emo with it. I guess I'm doing a fairly decent job at chronicling my graduate school adventures. As far as maintaining a healthy lifestyle, probably the only healthy element of my life right now is me going to therapy once a week. I did join that cheaper gym though, and as soon as I'm done being a woman this month (which really sucks when you're on blood thinners BTW) I'll actually go.
This week I've got two more articles due. Next week I have one article and my rough draft due... which will be a crisis all on its own because I feel like I virtually have nothing for this paper. I feel like none of the articles I've found have really related to my "research problem" which is a problem all on its own. Oh well, I'll figure something out. It's just a rough draft so it doesn't have to be anywhere near perfect.
2 comments:
Totally agree about Fergie. I watched 5 minutes of the Super Bowl, checked back in for half time and went... UGH. Fergie is actually a craptastic singer.
I just noticed that I say "really" a lot.
Post a Comment