Tuesday, June 14, 2011

STS Challenge Week 2...

Alright, instead of simply avoiding my blog like I have done in the past, I will own up to my setbacks.  I did not work out at all last week.  Not for lack of want, but for a lack of time.  I seriously never got home until late every night. I also for some reason was incessantly hungry and that trend is sort of carrying on through this week.  I weighed in yesterday and gained 2 pounds.  Not cute.

I did work out yesterday though.  I got on that elliptical and called it my biotch.  Luckily, I had some sweet man candy to ogle while I was at the gym :).  I totally nullified my working out though by eating two slices of pizza, two chicken tenders, a couple spoonfuls of crab dip, and curly fries.  You may be wondering if I'm really serious about this challenge?  Well, I'm not trying to make excuses for my poor decisions, but I really wanted a 3rd or maybe even a 4th slice of pizza.  There was also one lone chicken tender left in the basket that I was tempted to eat just because I didn't want it to go to waste... but I didn't.  I really kept thinking about how I had done enough damage already just by eating what I ate and how I don't want to be (pardon the expression) a fatass anymore.  I know we're not allowed to say the "f" word in WW, but that's what I feel like sometimes.  

Food-wise today has not been that stellar of a day... just pray the profs bring Subway again for dinner and not pizza tonight.  I will not get home until after 10 so I will not be working out today.  However, I will be there tomorrow for sure.  (Especially since I now have man candy motivation).

I did drink more water this past week, but not enough, especially not over this past weekend when it was near 100 degrees and I was outside in it.  Oh!  But it was my Goddaughter's 2nd birthday and she is SUCH a doll!  Her parents built her a playset for her birthday and she just had a blast all day on that thing.  She was climbing and sliding and swinging and everyone was doting on her.  It was a lot of fun.  We also had the traditional keg... lol... which we finished by midnight that night.  Note: no children were given beer, only juice boxes.. hahaha. 

Wish me luck on a better week!  And good luck to y'all StS challengers!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand... the biggest challenge about a weightloss program is fitting it into our every day, "real" life. It is almost like a fulltime job in itself. I have come to the realization that it is going to take a lot of planning and preparing until it becomes a lifestyle. Good job on posting anyway!!! I hope I will be able to post my setbacks this honestly when they happen.

Here's to a new week!!

downsizers said...

When things can't go perfectly we need to do the best that we can. The either perfect or completely off plan way will just get us more pounds. Even if you can't exercise, you can eat in a manner where you can lose some weight. I know I used to really use it as an excuse to overeat. Perhaps if you would fast for a day and drink only water you could get back on track. A fast from 6 p.m. tonight until 6 p.m. tomorrow might help. You can be in control of the body not the other way around. Here's hoping you can get serious again.

Lizzie said...

Hey, Cara (of the good taste in blog templates)...sorry you had a bad week. One of the things I miss about NYC are the beautiful weight-lifting men at Crunch. So yummy!

Do you need some tough love? What were you thinking? (We all know the feeling...but it would not be fair to let you off the hook.) Are you figuring out your points on bad days? I'm finding it particularly helpful to figure out every last calorie when I go on a little bender. I need numbers instead of a vague "I was bad today." I need to know that one hour of badness could equal five hours on the elliptical.

Good luck!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Ouch! I so hope this week went better with the scale. Keep serious about it and the scale will give some serious results!

I think you missed linking this in last weekend. Link in your progress for this week this weekend when I get the linky up so we can all see how you've been! Stay positive and do good! :)