Monday, September 13, 2010

The Weekend and Mediocrity

I had big plans for myself this weekend to get all of my schoolwork done on Saturday so I could relax the rest of the weekend on so many fronts.  Friday was my day off so I figured the majority of my goofing around/relaxing would happen then.  For the most part this held true- I got a massage from Heather, ate lunch with her and Kris, then went to a couple bars that night, oh and I took a nap (so awesome).  Saturday was reserved for STRAPI reading/discussion boards/case study/whatever the hell else it is I have to do for that class.  I slept in which was fine, but then I ended up going grocery shopping with my dad for pretty much the rest of the afternoon.  I read my chapter for about an hour before going and eating crabs (which were/are delicious and I want more now).  I tried to tell myself it was okay if I didn't get everything done because Sunday was still around the corner and all I was planning on doing was laundry that NEEDED to be tackled... like whoa-- after going and cheering on Lauren as she crossed the finish line of her 27th half marathon.  However, the cousins called after chapter reading, before crabs and requested mine and my father's presence at their house the following afternoon/evening for dinner and cake for the 19 yr. old's birthday.  Neither my father, nor myself had the balls to turn them down despite all the crap we had to do to get ready for the coming week (my laundry pile is going to eat me in my sleep).  We always have a good time with them so it's not a bad thing, I'm just being whiny about it.  Sunday rolled around, I woke up and wandered around Bethesda looking for the finish line of the Parks half because I was trying to look at the interactive course map on my phone which was not really working out so well.  Whatever, I found it and waited... and waited... and waited because Lauren had told me she'd prob finish like 2:10 or something well, it was getting to be 2:30 so i called her and it rang... and rang... and rang and then it picks up and I hear ::heavy breathing:: "still running!" and i'm like... oh shit... kbye!  Turns out she was a little pukey throughout the race so she took her time, you can read about it some here.  After that we went to Silver Diner and I got a belgian waffle with eggs and bacon... yumtastic.  By the time I got home and showered (like I was the one running haha, I just rolled outta bed and into my car that morning) it was time to go to the cousins.  Ate way more than I should have there... came home... watched the Redskins scalp the Cowboys and went to bed.

Now I am trying to figure out why I can never do anything and stick to it full force.  Procrastinating already this semester, do I never learn?  Also, I'm failing at fat camp to the point where I'm starting not to care anymore.  BUT-- NSYNC's Girlfriend is playing... the version with Nelly... I'm kinda happy at the moment.  Le sigh, how I miss pop music.

No comments: