Started this on 9/15
As I'm attempting to type up an educated response to this BlackBoard question/posting thing, I can't help but curse my mother's brain for the strain mine goes through whenever trying to relay information intelligently on paper.
In August 2005, just before my junior year at CUA started, my mother was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme stage 4... translation... brain cancer that would give her 9 months to a year of life. She died after 8 months and I've never been the same since. I pressed on with undergrad getting long term extensions in all of my spring semester classes that year. I even managed to graduate on time senior year.
Continuing on...
Since I was pretty much in just-get-it-done-so-i-can-get-out-of-here-in-2007 mode, my writing and analytical skills went down the tubes. I used to be an excellent writer. Writing would save my ass all through school. Generally, I would bomb tests, but ace papers no contest. Now I can't help but feel like I've lost it completely. I am definitely able to bang out papers faster (to some degree) than I did in high school and the first part of undergrad, but the quality just does not seem to be there. The flip side of this is that I have a 3.95... in grad school... and I'm bitching that my writing sucks. I must be doing something right, but there's that gut feeling like I could be doing better (not necessarily grade-wise, but perhaps pride-wise).
As much as I love school sometimes I can't help but think that I'm not smart enough to be in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment