Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sweet September

Last Friday I turned 25!  I had a good time all last week, really.  Tuesday night I met up at the Corner Pub with the usual suspects and somehow got hammered.  I had the worst hangover on Wednesday that I have had in at least a couple of years.  Sorry I have to make this quick otherwise I would go into more detail.

Thursday I took off of work, so did Jessica, and we made our way downtown to chase food truck, in particular the Lobster Truck.  I feel like I grew up in Maine a little bit, I spent entire summers in South Portland when I was a kid... that to me is when kids really grow up, over summers.  Anyway, I digress, we got a lobster roll, a shrimp roll, and a whoopi pie... AMAZABALLS!  My fav was the lobster, hers was the shrimp-- which really worked out quite well.  We noticed (via Twitter) there was another food truck in our vicinity so we went to find it, but found a different one instead.  It was something to do with sauces?  I ended up getting some Indian type dish that was in a pita or naan... yeah I'm really bad at this.  Bottom line?  It was delicious and I was so stuffed I could only eat a few bites.  Jessica got the fish taco (hehe) and it was spicy as hell, but still pretty good.  Like me, she could not even think about finishing that joker... so we had good dinners!

Friday was my normal day off from work... how perfect for it to fall on my birthday?  What did I do?  Well I was taken out for breakfast in the morning.  Then I just went home and watched True Blood season 1 and did laundry and cleaned up a little before my girls came over later that night.  It was a great day.  Then some of my girls came and brought me alcohol and we ate pizza rolls and party pizza!  We also watched Notting Hill (my fav movie) and part of Ever After (I think I maybe saw it once 10+ years ago).

Saturday was my big mamma jamma party where most all of my friends came (a good number did not show up... punks) but it was fun.  I got a keg and had good food and everyone was happy and drunk which is all I can ask for.

So Sunday, after getting in around 7 in the morning, I just kind of chilled out.

Quarter of a century... how does it feel?  Honestly, I'm counting my blessings that I'm still in my twenties and alive... that's kind of a big deal.  Fat Camp?  Back to basic training for me... was too hungover to go to the weigh-in last week... oops.

No comments: