Thursday, September 9, 2010

FAC and STRAPI

Since I can never remember the name of my Monday night class that I've only had once because of Labor Day being a holiday and all I shall call it my FAC class.  And the other one I remember all too well so I will call it STRAPI (strappy) because it's way too long and it's better than what i want to call it (STRAPON). 

FAC is going to be one of those fake me out easy classes.  On the surface with its 4 exams and no papers you think, hell yeah I got this.  But then you learn, and by you I mean I, the text that they graciously gave you instead of making you fork over $150 will not even be used until after October 25.  So what text do we use before then?  None.  Now, I hate reading text books as much as the next girl but I will have at least one exam if not two before this date... HOW DO I STUDY?  Wait, you're telling me I have to PAY ATTENTION in class and TAKE NOTES?!?  Huh?  That could set off my motion sickness (will explain later)!  I hope he lectures better than he did the first night, otherwise I'm in for a bumpy ride and may need to find a text book I can buy anyway to teach me all that I will miss while attempting to pay attention in class.  These classes are long.  It's impossible not to zone out at some point in the evening.  Perhaps I should invest in a tape recorder, or pay my neighbor to let me copy off him.  The first is probably more sensible, but they never make movies about someone who records his lectures and studies from them.

STRAPI came right out of the gate and bitch smacked me.  This class has no qualms about it being A LOT OF FRIGGING WORK and letting you know up front.  Every week we have two topics we must "discuss" on Blackboard.  I say "discuss" because we only have to post our responses to the questions/topics, we don't have to comment on anyone else's post.  There is also an on-going case study we will have to answer a question about and turn in once a week.  This case involves McDonald's so at least it might be interesting?  Oh there's also a chapter a week of course.  Oh and when we get into class every week we will have to write what he calls a "one minute essay" instead of a "pop quiz" because that sounds so much friendlier.  On top of all of this is a 100 point TEAM presentation that must be 50-60 minutes in length with people that I've never worked with before because he decided to try something new with our class and make up the teams based on the brain dominence instrument he administered.  Don't get me wrong, it's cool that I learned I am predominantly right-brained and even further am feelings-oriented and want everyone to get along and sing Kumbaya (really tell me something I didn't know).  But I found out that preferring to use my right brain over my left has something to do with why I get motion sickness and cannot read in the car-- my ears and eyes are hearing and seeing everything all at once and my tummy has a melt down (hence my earlier joke).  However, I had a system, mainly, I knew exactly who I wanted in my group for this damn class because I have worked well with these people before.  Funny enough, one lady is in my group that I would have chosen for my team, but no one else.  :(  Now I must hope that all of our brains combined create one huge fully functional brain so we get an A.  I already told the one lady that I'll bring the guitar next week...

Fat Camp is... going.  I need to write everything down I put into my mouth because I seem to lose more weight/do better in general when I have to do that.  I gained a pound this week, but honestly after the weekend I had I'm surprised it wasn't ten.  I also need to work out more, but having two herniated discs in my back does not help my cause.  I definitely get through every routine I do, but later/the next day I definitely pay.  I can only take so much Celebrex and extra strength Tylenol.  Anything with aspirin is out because I'm on blood thinning medication as it is, can't be bleeding out now, that would not be cute.

You should take a look at my "fake-me-out-sister" Lauren's blog because she's giving away something cool.  I use quotation marks because she shouted out to me recently in one of her posts as that.  It's totally an upgrade though from "neighbor" haha.  Love that girl!  Go read her blog! It's fun and she gives things away!  Don't stop reading mine though, I'll get jealous.  One day when I figure out how all this works, maybe I'll give something away!  Until then, stay classy.

No comments: