This past weekend was chock full of fun and excitement!
On Friday night I can't really remember what I did but it involved going to bed early because Saturday morning I was up at the buttcrack of dawn (otherwise known as 8 am). We bought tix for Catherine (for her bday last month) to go on a tour around DC of all the different places movies have been filmed. Cool, right? Right, we thought so. She loves movies and is always trying to go be an extra if she hears they are filming in the area. Here is the tale of our (mis)adventure:
Picked up two of the three ladies around 8:45 and headed to Metro.
Platform said 11 minutes.
Waited 20-25 for said Metro.
Told third lady to hustle so she would make our Metro otherwise she may be screwed.
Third lady gets to platform in time to see the doors have closed.
Get to Union Station to meet up with tour.
Wait.
And wait.
And wait some more.
Third lady shows up, yay!
Tour guide finally shows up and tells everyone to go to the bathroom or get a drink or something and sorry he's late. (I'm betting he was stuck somewhere on Metro).
Tour guide tells us about some movie things in the station and walks us outside to the bus.
Everyone piles on.
We drive maybe a mile (prob not even that far).
Turn around.
Street closed because of festival.
Also, DVD that is part of the tour experience won't work.
Back to Union Station.
Everybody off the bus.
Kbye.
So what to do? It's a beautifully sunny day in the nation's capital. Well, duh, go walk and see what that festival was that was blocking the road your bus couldn't drive on. Turns out it was the Asian Heritage Festival. Walked around there for a little bit then took a cab over to SE to Ted's Bulletin for adult milkshakes. I highly recommend the tomato soup and grilled cheese with the mocha kahlua shake... delicioso! The place is really cool too.
Then it was back home for a little rest and relaxation before I hung out with Lauren! We grabbed dinner at Eggspectation and I turned her fears around with that place I think. Then we saw Bridesmaids! It was actually my second time seeing it, but I thought it was HI-larious both times so it was all good. We ended the evening with a little nightcap in my kitchen then parted ways.
Sunday I slept in and did some tidying in my bedroom. Then I met Cyndi up at the mall then went to Kelly's for a little feast and to watch Mean Girls. T'was fun! Thing I was most proud of? Making it home from downtown DC in 22 minutes. Not bad, not bad.
Monday I went to work and then worked out!
Tuesday class started up again. Legal Aspects of Contracting. I think it's going to be a good class, despite it being 4 hours every week. After that I was starving so I raced to the pub to hang out and eat with everyone. Catherine finished a comic that is AMAZING and HILARIOUS and debuted it last night. A lot of people came out last night. Special shout out to my girl Lucy who turned 21 at the stroke of midnight! <3
Today I have an appointment then I'm going to work out again... huzzah! Oh btw, I weighed in and lost again this week! HUZZAH! Of course I just ate ice cream, mac n cheese, and an egg roll.... oops.
No comments:
Post a Comment