Friday, May 13, 2011

I SMRT!

Posting this again because it just told me that the page doesn't exist... weird.

This semester was insane!  I was taking three classes AKA being full time, was working full time, and still managed a somewhat full time social calendar.  OMG. Never. Again.  Though the semester worked mostly in my favor, i.e. classes not always meeting every week, it was hella stressful especially the last couple of weeks.  I had to make sure my thesis and presentation were in order, AND I had a 15-25 page paper due for another class the last week of April as well.  Oh yeah, and a take home final for a class I was in less than 50% of the time (and by I, I mean the whole class because yes it was canceled that often).  The horror, right?  Well guess what?  I totally pulled it off!  In fact, I got an A in my capstone (thesis) class, an A in performance based contracting (take home), and an A- in contract management and administration (paper)!!  My GPA is now 3.855... and I am hoping I can score an A in my final class this summer and possibly bump that up to a 3.9.  So how did I do it?  I have no idea.  Everyone says "oh you're so smart" and that may be, but it definitely does not mean that I don't work hard.  I have to work my ass off to get good grades, they definitely don't come easy.  The class I got an A- in, I worked my butt off on the final paper, but I still thought I would only get a B or a B+ in the class.   My brain is as scrambled as this paragraph is that I just wrote... moving right along...

I really wish I was graduating in 2 days.  Maybe it's a good thing I'm not though.  I'm definitely not ready weight-wise.  I still don't wanna be ginormous for another graduation.  I have a year.  I need to just set my mind to it and go.

I'm super excited that Lauren is coming to visit in a week and a half!  We chatted on the phone the other night and there is still a hella lot to talk about when she gets here... I hope she has time!  Hahaha.

One thing I never really talk about on here is work and that's mainly because it's unfulfilling... oh and I work for the government.  Even though I don't really do anything that spiffy, the gov can get touchy about things, so I choose to leave it out.  Once I have my master's I will do something more awesome for the feds and all will be well :)

No comments: