Originally when I started my graduate school adventure I thought I would finish up somewhere around 2012 because I don't particularly feel like I'm in too much of a rush nor did I want to taint my summers any more with papers.
Then something happened. Something I never really thought about before I started.
I made friends.
By the time spring semester came and registration for the summer was open, I still teetered on my options. I had become a little less "HELL NO I WON'T GO" and a little more "Ok, I could take A class..." Well, as mentioned in my previous entry, you all know how that went. I landed myself in two classes. Probably the most tedious classes I've taken since I started last fall.
HR Management and Strategy:
I learned that I am HR retarded. And I mean slooooooow. We had to write proposals for three case studies and all three I got the same grade with the same or at least similar feedback. Each time I thought my proposal was better than the last. Talk about frustrating. Oh and then everyone else in the class is sharing how they've been getting damn near perfect scores every time. Hence, I'm HR retarded. Oh and the final paper we had to turn in was a HOT MESS. And yet, I received a 17.5/20 on it. I also got an A- for the class. I'm thrilled! (A little upset my 4.0 is officially gone) but I really did not think my grade would be anywhere near the beginning of the alphabet... which is always frustrating especially when I really was trying and giving my best effort on those damn case studies. I guess at this point it doesn't really matter how I feel, what's done is done. I'm just happy it's over.
Project Management:
Now this class made me angry at the beginning. My instructor comes in and tells us only a couple people will get A's, and everyone fails his midterm. Real positive. As the course went on though, I began to understand where he was coming from. Whoever failed the midterm did so because they did not study probably at all, and if they did, they didn't listen to what he said was going to be on the exam. I studied my ass off for almost 2 weeks and still got two wrong. One was a huge WTF was I thinking when I got my test back, the other I really was not able to decipher between two answers and I chose the wrong one... thems the breaks. The second part of the class was primarily dedicated to a group project. Thank God for once I had an amazing group. To make a long story short, there were 5 modules and three out of five we received 10/10 and the first two modules we received 9/10. Those two points plus the two I got off on the final exam equaled a 96 (I got a 20/20 on the take home final lol). So I got an A!!! My G.P.A. is now 3.950 or something like that. Goodbye 4.0, but the fact that I got an A in a class where only a couple people get A's... I'm pretty proud of that. Also, I really began to appreciate the class and instructor... until he gave us two assignments on the last day of class. Then, I was kinda bitter and pissed off again.
But it's all over now so hoorah!
No comments:
Post a Comment