Thursday, January 20, 2011

This Break Brought to You by...

PROCRASTINATION!

I swear it will kill me one day, or maybe just seriously maim me.

Since my head is about to explode I figured now is as good a time as any to update!  First let me start off with the fact that I had an A-mazing dinner last night with my good friend/sista from anotha mista Lauren who was in town on business and made room to spend a little time with moi on her last night.  We ate at Lebanese Taverna and indulged in some delightful conversation and Maggie Moo's after.  Yes, we did eat ice cream when it was 30 degrees out... in my car, with the heat blasting.  Don't judge.

I really need to make a schedule up for myself.  I honestly thought that I had done a lot of my work for tomorrow this past weekend.  In reality, I pretty much didn't do anything but decide again what topic to go with.  Oops.  So here I sit, trying my best to understand this article from a Public Law journal about small businesses and contracting-- with a ton of jargon that may as well be written in Greek.  The reason for this tiny break is because I have been Googling said jargon to try and make sense of this article that may actually not be useful to my paper at all, but seeing it's the 11th hour, I will have to make due and just add that tidbit to the end of my summary.  Back to the schedule-- I think I've been putting it off because I have yet to go to my third class which starts next Monday (after the add/drop date might I add) which means I am screwed if I was thinking about dropping one of the three classes due to realization of insanity and A. getting my money back and B. without it showing up as a big ol W on my transcript.  I'm pretty much balls-to-the-walls-ing it this semester.  Third class or not, I need to get my ass in gear on this seminar class.

My proposed schedule:
Tomorrow (Friday night): class from 6:10-8:40
Saturday: 12-whenever I drop: library time
Saturday night: Possible outing if and only if I have gotten said ass into gear
Sunday: 12-5 reading and possibly writing and preparing for Tuesday's class (so reading)
Monday: class
Tuesday: class
Wednesday: 5-10 more reading and writing
Thursday: 5-10 more reading and writing or whatever else I have to do

Hopefully I can stick to this because God knows I need to. He also knows I have trouble sticking to schedules like this... I pray for discipline!

Ok, I really wanted to be done by 10, but it looks like it's going to be more like 2 at this point.  Positive energy is always welcome. 

1 comment:

LAPT said...

WOOOOO! I had so much fun with you!