Friday, January 6, 2012

Hi.

So it's January and I'm sure a lot and not so much has happened since I last reported. 

I guess the big thing that's going on is for the past couple of months I've really been mindful of what I put in my mouth... at last check (about 2 weeks ago) I'd lost 15 pounds or so.  I'm hoping for a big loss next Monday because I've since added beaucoup exercise to my cause.  Yesterday I was on the elliptical for an hour!  Consequently, today my legs feel like they might burst out of their sockets.  I also began training for a 5k Wed night.  No worries, I'm not going to be all hardcore every day of the week like the past two... yesterday was a fluke.  At 30 minutes I felt like I could go forever.  At 40 I questioned my sanity.  At 50 I was unstoppable.  At 55 I wanted to kill myself, but I was way too close to an hour to stop so I did more of a cool down for the last 5 minutes and voila!  Originally I was on the fence about whether or not I was gonna go, then a friend of mine asked if I was going.  After texting her my uncertainty and saying i'd call her in a half hour she said "...K no pressure, just support. :)"  How could I say no to that?  It is so much easier to drag ass to the gym if someone else is dragging ass along with you.

November 1st I received my DIPLOMA in the mail! :D I am a Master, officially.  Huzzah!

My brother moved to California in August and I miss him like whoa.  I am planning a visit out there for April... hopefully I can afford it!

I developed a new strategy with work- any time I get angry or annoyed I fill out an application for something else.  I've submitted a loooooot of applications the past few months lol.  Still nothing.  Sucks.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

LAPT said...

WAHOOOO! Some elliptical tricks...
If you want to add more time but not get totally bored here are 2 things I like to do:
Do 20 min elliptical, and then hop on the treadmill to walk on an incline for 10 min...then go back to the elliptical for 20 min and the treadmill again for 10.
OR... on the elliptical I'll choose two difficulty settings like level 9 and level 17 (or you can do level 2 and level 10 or whatever)...and do 5 min of the easier and then 2 minutes of the harder and repeat! Or you can choose to switch levels when your song switches....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!